VEGETARIAN/VEGAN RAMEN COOKING CLASS
I came out creating a Vegan or Vegetarian ramen recipe during one of the early days of opening my cooking school. Ramen in general is a very animally fatty dish, and start thinking about Vegans and Vegetarians must be craving ramen too, but there are no vegetarian options in any ramen shop back then. I am not a vegetarian everyday but it is my favorite ramen. Soup is very flavorful using accessible ingredients in your supermarket, and won’t take 6 hours to make. In my class, I always talk about how umami is made, and kinds of seasonings to use, store, choose, the differences, and other recipe ideas.
- Vegetarian ramen with miso and chili paste
- Hand broken tofu salad with nori sheet (sushi roll seaweed sheet)
Ingredients Required(for two servings):
Two kinds of mushrooms( ie: shiitake or any Asian kinds)
Garlic, small a couple of cloves
Ginger, 2cm length/1 inch
Carrots,1/2 cut or 1 small
Spring onion, 2
Green leaves you have in fridge spinach or arugula as ramen toppings
Mini tomato, if not large chopped
Farm tofu, 1
Nori sheet (dry sushi roll seaweed sheet) 2
Toasted white sesame seeds
Black pepper corn
Chili paste if you have
Ramen noodles, 2
Cooking tools required:
Medium size pot for boiling noodle
Medium size soup pot for soup making
Small pot for boiling eggs and braising pork
A couple of bowls, ladle, spatula, and spoons
Small pot for cooking rice
Chopping board and knife
Mortar and pestle
If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.
We will connect on ZOOM, say hello, and begin the class
We will cook together and you can ask questions as we go
Eat & Drink
We will enjoy eating & talking together until class ends
Class duration is approximately 75 mins.
* All times are Japan Standard Time
Class prices are based on the number of kitchens/devices joining:
- 1 Kitchen: for you or your friends or family joining from a single device – Price: ¥4,500 for a single device
- 2 Kitchen Or More: for you and your friends or family joining from 2 or more devices – Price: ¥4,500 per device
So, if you are a family or friends in a single location, joining with a single computer or other device, you pay ¥4,500 for a single device.
If you are 2 or more users, in different locations, with their own devices, each device joining the class pays ¥4,500.
* If you are booking for 2 kitchens/devices, or more and will be paying separately, please be sure the other guests planning to join the class book their spots immediately so we can confirm the reservations and close the class.
Select A Date And Time To Book Your Class:
Please book at least 24 hours in advance of class start time to allow us, and yourself, to prepare and shop for ingredients.
After booking and confirmation, we will send the recipes and other information to prepare for the class.