SUSHI AT HOME
Sushi at Home is one of signature classes that to learn and experience the amazing hand-work dishes from Japanese cuisine. Just because you are in Japan, it is time to experience and learn kinds of cooking tools are used, kinds of knife is used, and how to move the knife to slice raw fish, creating sashimi at home. In this class, we will be learning how to make delicious sushi rice, mixing sushi vinegar and freshly cooked rice is the most important key to make good sushi. I will teach you tools you need, how to move your hands, and the instruction of making nigiri, forming a rice. We will be making miso soup, and salad with sesame dressing, and seasonal dessert in this class.
By The End Of This Class, You Will:
- Learning proper way to handle Japanese rice, how to wash and soak
- Cooking rice for sushi purpose
- Method of blending rice and sushi vinegar
- Hand making of nigiri, how to do it
- Learn about wasabi and how to grate it
- Make dashi, Japanese broth
- Learn three kinds of Japanese miso, and learn how they’re made
- Making miso soup
- Making Japanese dressing
- How to handle mochi and kinds of Japanese desserts
- Sushi plate with 6 pieces of nigiri, gunkan maki, and thin rollls
- Clam miso soup with red miso
- Seasonal vegetable salad
- Black sesame ice cream with mochi balls, azuki beans, and brown sugar syrup
* Please understand the class menu will change slightly due to seasonality of ingredients.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.
Tokyo Cooking Studio in Shibuya
Learn To Cook & Make Sushi
Eat & Drink
Enjoy Eating, Drinking & Talking