RAMEN COOKING CLASS
Ramen is absolutely my guests’ favorite Japanese dish. And, it is a unique dish that Japanese locals usually never make at home, but the current “Stay Home” situation is a different story. I am sure the most missed Japanese dish is ramen now! I have thought over and over again what would be the best ramen recipe for online class. It has to be easy to understand with accessible ingredients, and it should not take 10 hours to simmer stock! This is the recipe that I have come up with using chicken stock and soy sauce as the base for the ramen. We will make chashu in class, and we will not waste any ingredients from the soup stock or the chashu we make for ramen topping, it is going to be a rice dish with Japanese onsen egg! No ramen noodle available in your area? No worries, we will transform dry spaghetti into chewy egg noodles by using a secret trick!
- Shoyu ramen with freshly made chicken ramen stock, homemade chashu braised pork belly or shoulder whichever is available in your market
- Chashu rice bowl
- Boiled chicken wings with sesame vinaigrette
Ingredients for Chashu
Block of either pork belly or shoulder
Ingredients for stock
Chicken wings or drumstick or mix
Seasonings for soup
Ingredients of toppings
Greens you have in your fridge, ig. baby spinach, arugula
Soy sauce and vinegar chicken wings
Cooking tools required:
Medium size pot for boiling noodle
Medium size soup pot for soup making
Small pot for boiling eggs and braising pork
A couple of bowls, ladle, spatula, and spoons
Small pot for cooking rice
Chopping board and knife
If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.
We will connect on ZOOM, say hello, and begin the class
We will cook together and you can ask questions as we go
Eat & Drink
We will enjoy eating & talking together until class ends
Class duration is approximately 1.5 hours.
* All times are Japan Standard Time
Class prices are based on the number of kitchens/devices joining:
- 1 Kitchen: for you or your friends or family joining from a single device – Price: ¥3000 for a single device
- 2 Kitchen Or More: for you and your friends or family joining from 2 or more devices – Price: ¥3000 per device
So, if you are a family or friends in a single location, joining with a single computer or other device, you pay ¥3000 for a single device.
If you are 2 or more users, in different locations, with their own devices, each device joining the class pays ¥3000.
* If you are booking for 2 kitchens/devices, or more and will be paying separately, please be sure the other guests planning to join the class book their spots immediately so we can confirm the reservations and close the class.
Select A Date And Time To Book Your Class:
Please book at least 24 hours in advance of class start time to allow us, and yourself, to prepare and shop for ingredients.
After booking and confirmation, we will send the recipes and other information to prepare for the class.