MARKET TO MEAL
I created this cooking experience because I really want my guests to see great selection of Japanese local ingredients, and also discovering what we shop and eat in our real life. As a cooking teacher, I travel lots of markets from farmer’s market to international gourmet markets. As I always say in my class, ingredients are the most important thing in cooking, not your skill, so you must have a market you trust. This is the market I truly trust in Tokyo for freshens of produces, selection they have, and customer care they maintain. From this experience, I will show you and explain ingredients of the fundamental of Japanese cooking. I will also talk about what makes wagyu so special, and how to recognize freshness of fish much more. My goal for this experience is my guests will confidently choose good quality of ingredients back home and re-create this class menu at home for their family and friends.
By The End Of This Culinary Experience, You Will:
- Have a wide understanding of Japanese fresh produce, wagyu (Japanese beef), fish and seasonings
- Discover what Japanese eat everyday at home
- Learn how to find fresh fish and work on raw fish
- Learn how to prepare tamagoyaki, Japanese omelet, using a Japanese square frying pan
- Taste and learn about three kinds of Japanese miso
- Learn how to work with glutinous rice flour
- Oyakodon, braised chicken and onion, cook with eggs in dashi
- Shrimp and lotus root sandwich serve with salt and sansho pepper
- Mizuna salad with crispy baby sardine and peanuts serve with fresh wasabi dressing
- Kabocha potage with white miso and soy milk
- Black sesame ice cream with Azuki beans and mochi balls
* Please understand the class menu will change slightly due to seasonality of ingredients.
¥10,000 per person
If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.
Hachikō Memorial Statue in Shibuya
Buy Ingredients & Move To Studio
Learn To Cook & Make Japanese Lunch
Eat & Drink
Enjoy Eating, Drinking & Talking