Small tricks make simple potato salad amazing! Making your own mayo is the must!
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 150 ml vegetable base oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 potato, medium size and waxy
- 1/4 cut onion
- 2 piece ham
- 2 cut asparagus
- 1 boiled egg cooked in 7 minutes in a boiling water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Peel the potato and cut into a half if its big cut into quarter
Chop asparagus in an angle 3cm wide and cut hams into squire shape, slice from top to bottom boiled egg into a quarter
In a medium size pot, add water and potato
Start heating up the pot with high heat until potatoes are soft
Slice onion thinly, and cook asparagus with potato water until crunchy
In a blender, add oil, mustard, vinegar, egg yolk, and salt then blend it until creamy mayonnaise
When potatoes are soft, please check inserting toothpicks, drain hot water, then add them back into the same pan used, then start heating up again shake a bit to evaporate water in potatoes
When potato are soft, add 1tsp of vinegar and salt and mix over
And, add sliced onion
Cool potato until room temp
Add ham, asparagus, hams, egg slices
Finally 3 to 4 tbsp of mayonnaise, mix gently. Final seasonings with salt and pepper
- Drying potato. After potatoes are cooked and drain cooked water, bring the potatoes back into used pot and heat it up again to dry the potatoes. Water in potatoes evaporates, so that potato salad will be fluffy, not sticky.
- Season potatoes when potatoes are still hot: After 1 step, add vinegar and salt in hot potatoes. Hot potatoes soak up vinegar and salt.
- Mayonnaise making: Certain oil wont work making mayonnaise. Rice oil did not work. And, do not recommend using olive oil for using Japanese style potato salad.