JAPANESE DESSERTS COOKING CLASS
Japanese desserts are something that I was missing so much when I was living in the States. Small delicate soft chewy mochi dough and sweet fillings are typical types, expiration dates for these desserts are the day you bought! Because mochi gets hard the next day. Japanese sweets are very different from western desserts. Most of the classy Japanese desserts are fat free and many of them are gluten free. And, we don’t really use an oven, so lots of them are gas top quick recipes except some sweet fillings, such as red or white beans paste. There are many good techniques you can learn from this online class. And it is going to be “WOW desserts” if you serve after a sushi party!
- Strawberry daifuku, mochi stuffed red bean paste with strawberry
- Dango with soy sauce caramel
- Dorayaki with butter and red beans
Please Note: These ingredients are a must for this class
Already made red bean paste
Mochi flour 100g
Already made chunky type of red beans paste, if available in a can or in plastic 400g
Potato or corn starch
Eggs M-size 2
Unflavored oil; canola oil, avocado, grapeseed oil
Cooking tools required:
A couple of bowls for mixing
Spatula, spoons, whisk
Small saucepan for soy sauce caramel
Steamer if not microwave works
If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.
We will connect on ZOOM, say hello, and begin the class
We will cook together and you can ask questions as we go
Eat & Drink
We will enjoy eating & talking together until class ends
Class duration is approximately 1.5 hours.
* All times are Japan Standard Time
Class prices are based on the number of kitchens/devices joining:
- 1 Kitchen: for you or your friends or family joining from a single device – Price: ¥4,500 for a single device
- 2 Kitchen Or More: for you and your friends or family joining from 2 or more devices – Price: ¥4,500 per device
* If you are booking for 2 kitchens/devices, or more and will be paying separately, please be sure the other guests planning to join the class book their spots immediately so we can confirm the reservations and close the class.
Select A Date And Time To Book Your Class:
Please book at least 24 hours in advance of class start time to allow us, and yourself, to prepare and shop for ingredients.
After booking and confirmation, we will send the recipes and other information to prepare for the class.