Sushi at Home!
Sushi making at Home is one of signature classes that to learn the amazing hand-work dishes in Japanese cuisine. Just because you are in Tokyo, it is time to experience fresh and many kinds of sashimi, making sushi vinegar, and how to make sushi rice at home. In this class, we will be making a full set of sushi lunch or dinner. We will learn basic Japanese dressings, learning about kinds of miso we have, then we will make miso soup. And, as a sushi topping, we will make delicious tamago-yaki using Japanese tamago square pan! We will be making delicious rice using clay pot, sushi vinegar, and make our own sushi plate, nigiri, inside-out rolls, and tamago. After taking this class, you will be confident and enjoying throwing a Japanese sushi party in your home!
By The End Of This Class, You Will:
- Learning proper way to handle Japanese rice, how to wash and soak
- Making sushi vinegar using quality ingredients
- Cooking rice for sushi purpose
- Method of blending rice and sushi vinegar
- Hand making of nigiri, how to do it
- Learn about wasabi and how to grate it
- Make dashi, Japanese broth
- Learn three kinds of Japanese miso, and learn how they’re made
- Making miso soup
- Making Japanese dressing
- How to handle mochi and kinds of Japanese desserts
- Sushi plate with 6 pieces of nigiri, gunkan maki, one inside out roll
- Clam miso soup with red miso
- Chawanmushi, savory steamed egg with mushrooms, shrimp, chicken and chestnut
- Seasonal vegetable salad
- Black sesame ice cream with mochi balls, azuki beans, and brown sugar syrup
* Please understand the class menu will change slightly due to seasonality of ingredients.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.