SUSHI AT HOME
Sushi making is one the amazing hand-work creative dishes in Japanese cuisine. Just because you are in Japan, it is time to experience fresh and many kinds of sashimi, raw fish by learning how to handle it and tasting it. In this class, we first will learn how to make delicious sushi rice, and make our own sushi plate, nigiri, inside-out rolls, and tamago. We will practice tamago making in this class using Japanese tamago square pan! We discuss about other Japanese cooking tools, such as Japanese knives. And tasting experience is always included in all the class. Miso to other Japanese seasonings you taste to learn what good quality seasonings taste like. After taking this class, you will be confident and enjoying throwing a Japanese sushi party at your home!
By The End Of This Class, You Will:
- Making sushi vinegar using quality ingredients
- Washing rice and cooking rice for sushi purpose
- Method of blending rice and sushi vinegar
- Hand making of nigiri
- Learn about wasabi and how to grate it
- Make Dashi, Japanese broth
- Try three kinds of miso, and learn how they’re made
- Making miso soup
- Making Japanese sesame dressing
- How to handle mochi and forming fruit daifuku
- Sushi plate with 6 pieces of nigiri, 2 gunkan maki, one inside out roll and tamago
- Arajiru, fish soup with vegetables and scallions
- Chawanmushi, savory steamed egg with mushrooms, shrimp, chicken and chestnut
- Green beans with sesame dressing
- Seasonal fruit Daifuku, a fruit covered with bean paste and steamed mochi dough
* Please understand the class menu will change slightly due to seasonality of ingredients.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.