Japanese Katsu Curry, with wagyu marble beef cutlet!
Lots of my guests responded me one of their favorite dishes is Japanese curry. Japanese curry is less spicy and more close to gravy or stew type of dish. This dish could be the first dish kids will learn in campsites, but they use already made curry cubes! But once you taste homemade curry cubes, we can never go back to box cubes! We will cook delicious rice in a clay pot. And for cutlet over the curry, lets make gyukatsu, marble beef cutlet. Deep frying can be a challenging cooking technique, but you will learn how simple it is.
By The End Of This Class, You Will:
- Be able to make Japanese curry spice roux
- Gain a solid understanding of ‘Breading’
- Gain a safe and clear understanding of deep frying cooking
- Learn what the difference between wagyu and other beef
- Learn hot to make most of popular Japanese dressing, sesame dressing
- learn how to make ice cream
- How to trash deep frying oil waste in an ecological way
- Japanese curry with seasonal vegetables
- Wagyu cutlet
- Green salad with creamy sesame and wasabi dressing
- Red miso Soup with nameko mushroom, tofu, and green onion
- Black sesame ice cream with brown sugar syrup and mochi balls
- Fruity Yuzu Sake or non alcoholic beverage
* Please understand the class menu will change slightly due to seasonality of ingredients.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.