Japanese Curry and Pork Cutlet!!
This class menu is consisted two of very popular Japanese dishes, Japanese curry and Tonkatsu, deep fried pork cutlet. Japanese is curry is quite different from Thai or Indian curry. It is not too spicy and it is a staple dish that everyone loves, kids to elder. And, it is said to be the first dish that kids will learn how to make it. Classic way, we use curry paste cubes to flavor and finalize it, but in this class, we will make everything from scratch and we do not use flour. And, pork cutlet is something that we, local in Japan, usually eat out. Deep frying can be a challenging cooking method too, and deep frying pork cutlets needs trick to learn also. Not easy to make like a restaurant only looking at recipe books, but in this class, you will learn it and you can recreate!
By The End Of This Class, You Will:
- Be able to make Japanese curry
- Learn how to thicken sauce, and ingredients that can be used
- Gain a solid understanding of ‘Breading’
- Gain a safe and clear understanding of deep frying cooking
- Learn hot to make most of poupular Japanese dressing, sesame dressing
- learn how to make ice cream
- How to trash deep frying oil waste in an ecological way
- Green salad with sesame dressing
- Japanese curry, made of apple, potato, and mix of spices
- Red Miso Soup with nameko mushroom, tofu, and green onion
- Black sesame ice cream with walnut and brown sugar syrup and mochi balls
- Fruity Yuzu Sake or non alcoholic bevarage
* Please understand the class menu will change slightly due to seasonality of ingredients.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, food allergies or other requests, please inform us when you make your reservation.