Enrich your taste with this recipe and enjoy the tasteful flavor of black sesame in your ice cream! Yeah, why not top it off with some handmade balls of mochi and red bean paste!
- 2 tbsp Black sesame paste
- 2 Egg yolks
- 3 tbsp Fine brown sugar or white
- 220 ml Heavy cream around 35% fat
- 200 ml Milk
- A pinch of salt
- 30 g Glutinous rice flour
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Add water to the glutinous rice flour until smooth if it’s too soft. Make balls, and drop into a boiling water. When balls float pick them up then keep them in an ice bowl.
In a small pot, add milk and heavy cream. Warm it up right before a boil.
In a bowl add egg yolks, sugar, sesame paste and salt.
Pour the warm milk mixture into the egg yolks mixture. Cool the bowl over an ice bowl bath.
When 3 cools down add it to the ice cream bowl and follow the instruction or pour it into a tray then freeze it.
Serve with mochi balls, red beans, or sweetened chestnuts. Drop a bit of brown sugar syrup if you have.
For the mochi ball dough, the texture of the dough should be almost like a clay dough not too soft not to hard. Instead of black sesame paste, you can try using white sesame paste. If no brown sugar syrup, maple syrup works too.
Save the trouble to look for the ingredients, we have it ready for you with our selected "Black Sesame Ice Cream Kit."
Hope you love this recipe! Let us know in the comments, rate this recipe or share if you like!